Chasin' Cows Classic
It's the First Annual NavaRio Chasin' Cows Classic! This one day event will feature a working cow horse jackpot and a paid flag work practice with coaching. Miracle Farm Arena 10802 FM 2621, Brenham, TX 77833
Time and Location
Jul 22, 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Miracle Farm Arena, Brenham, TX, 10802 FM2621, Brenham, TX 77833, USA
It's the NavaRio Cow Days of Summer and we're introducing our First Annual Chasin' Cows Classic!!
- 60% Payout PLUS Prizes
- VIP only A/C Tent (Limited to 25 tickets)
- $10 Practice Flag Runs with coaching by Tucker Gillespie
- Food and Drinks by Painted Palomino Mobile Bar and Smokin' Sims BBQ
Miracle Farm Arena, Brenham, TX
Saturday, July 22nd, 2023
Judge Matt Nichols
RSVP Friday night stalls and RV during registration
- $30 class fee
- $50 non-refundable cow fee/horse
- $10 office fee
- $30 RV Hookup/night
- $25 Stall/night
- $25 VIP A/C Tent
- $10 Practice flag runs (pay at the gate, Cash/Venmo)
Divisions Order Go Starting at 10am
*Professional is defined as a competitor whose primary source of income is made from equine training, showing, or coaching clients
- Open - Full Cow Run - Intended for riders of any level, including professionals*
- Non-Pro - Full Cow Run - Intended for non-professional riders with more than two years of judged experience
- Green Horse - Box Drive Box Drive - Intended for horses with limited riding experience of any age in thier first year of showing; intended for trainers or professionals
- Limited Open/Non-Pro - Boxing Ony - Intended for Non-Pro or Open riders that are new to cow classses and have not previously gone down the fence.
- Rookie - Boxing Only - Intended for riders with up to two years of judged western compeititon experience
- Youth - Boxing Only - Intended for riders 18 & under
What is Boxing Only?
Boxing is when a rider demonstrates their ability to control the cow on the designated end of the arena for 50 seconds. The horse should exhibit cow sense and natural ability without excessive reining or spurring.
What is Box Drive Box Drive?
This class is an extended version of the Boxing Only class with the goal to introduce the rider to the "fence work" phase of the cow work. The rider is allotted one minute and forty five seconds. The contestant is to hold the cow on the designated end of the area for a sufficient amount of time to demonstrate the horse's ability to control the cow. Then after a reasonable amount of time the rider shall drive the cow down the fence (opposite fence of the judge) to the opposite end of the arena to set up for boxing. Again, for a sufficient amount of time demonstrate the horse's ability to to contain the cow. In the final portion, the contestant shall once again drive the cow to the opposite end of the arena until the judge signifies the completion of the run or time expires.
What is a Full Cow Run?
This is the traditional three minute working cow horse pattern.. Riders will box on one end, drive the cow down the fence and execute at least one turn in each direction, then circle the cow in each direction. Approved turns include fence turn, open field turn, or circling turn.